"My office will not rest in our efforts to hold Elias Rodriguez accountable for this horrific and targeted act of terror against Yaron Lischinsky, Sarah Milgrim and our Jewish community," the U.S. attorney general said.
Jeanine Pirro, the U.S. attorney general, announced new terrorism charges against Elias Rodriguez, of Chicago, who is accused of killing Israeli embassy staffers Yaron Lischinsky and Sarah Milgrim outside the Capital Jewish Museum in Washington on May 21, 2025.
A new 13-count indictment, which the Justice Department said was unsealed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday, includes four terrorism charges. “Several of the charges filed against Rodriguez carry a maximum penalty of death or life imprisonment,” the department said.
Rodriguez, 31, was previously charged with killing a foreign official, gun offenses, federal hate crime charges and two counts of first-degree, premeditated murder.